We have learned different ways of improving the indoor air quality and have read some shocking statistics about the cons of indoor air quality in small businesses and in any commercial building. However being aware of the health affects is important for your business and your employees. Below is a list provided by Green Environmental on the PROS of great indoor air quality.
- Increased life expectancy – Reductions in air pollution can produce rapid improvements in public health. Research has shown that improving air quality by reducing current U.S. EPA particle concentration standards would result in a reduction in the risk of death.
- Increased occupant / worker health, comfort and productivity
- Improved indoor air quality can reduce symptoms of SBS by 20 to 50%, asthma by 8 to 25%, and respiratory illnesses by 26 to 75%.
- Occupants of green buildings report themselves to be more comfortable and satisfied with indoor air quality than occupants of non-green buildings.
- Research by Lawrence Berkley National Laboratory suggests that higher indoor air quality itself can boost worker productivity by as much as 5%.
- Increased Property Values – Rental properties, condominiums, homes and commercial buildings can gain a marketing advantage if they are known to offer a healthy and pleasant indoor environment.
- Increased ventilation rates: when the rate of outdoor air supply is increased, the indoor air concentrations of many pollutants emitted from sources inside the building are diminished.
- Lower levels of humidity also diminishes mold to grow in walls or inside any HVAC system.
Overall, the pros of maintaining any HVAC system can increase property value, increase ventilation and decrease the sick days for employees.The list above are just a few of the ways of why it is important to maintain the indoor air quality in any business or commercial property in excellent condition. If you want to maintain or improve the indoor air quality, your HVAC system is the perfect place to start. At AIRTEK we are leading providers of duct cleaning services. VIsit our website and like our Facebook Community Page to learn how the pros of maintaining your indoor air quality.