This is a great resource for information on the health dangers of Asbestos, Fuel Burning Appliances, Household Products, Lead, Mercury, Mold, Pesticides, Smoke and Radon, and whether you need to worry about any of them. Links are to our blog posts about these hazards.
Worry is a pretty strong word, but it never hurts to think about your indoor environment. Most of us assume that our indoor air is cleaner than the outdoor air, but that is usually not the case at all.
AirTek encourages you to read the whole thing, but here are some questions asked in this informative publication to help you decide whether you need to spend more time thinking about your indoor air:
- Did you know asbestos was used in some home heating systems?
- Did you know that anything that burns could produce harmful gases and particles?
- Are your household products potentially hazardous?
- Do you need to worry about lead in your home?
- Do you need to worry about mercury in your home?
- Do you have problems with excess moisture and mold in your home?
- Did you know that both pests and pesticides can be hazardous to your health?
- Did you know that second hand smoke from tobacco is harmful to your family’s health?
- Do you need to worry about radon gas in your home?
Each of these questions is followed by a checklist to guide you through the process of figuring out whether you need to be concerned about these issues.
When you have completed the checklist, read on about the hazards to which you might be exposed. If you find that you need some help in remediating these problems in California, AirTek has highly-trained teams ready to take care of your project quickly and professionally.
Our Environmental Services Division, Alliance Environmental Group, offers pest control, mold eradication, lead removal, and asbestos abatement, among their many services. At AirTek, we take care of removing contaminants from heating systems, air ducts in residential and commercial buildings, and other services to keep your indoor air clean and healthy.
We Care About Your Indoor Air! We hope you do, too!
Wendy Stackhouse is the Online Community Manager for AirTek Indoor Air Solutions and our affiliate Alliance Environmental Group. She welcomes your comments! For more news and tips or to ask questions of our experts, Like us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter! For updates on environmental services like mold remediation, lead removal and pest control including bed bugs, Like us at Alliance Environmental on Facebook or follow Alliance on Twitter!