Have you ever walked into a newly built building and the air smells.Sometimes it is because of the fresh paint or new carpet. The indoor air quality concerns can be an issue in big buildings and small buildings. To ensure proper indoor air quality for employees and those who are inside owners of commercial buildings can work with a professional technician that will ensure proper IAQ is in these buildings. There are several simple steps that the technician can partake to ensure proper IAQ is met in the buildings and below is a list of examples:
- Technician will ensure there is proper ventilation and make sure the system is properly designed and operating correctly. This will make the system operate fresh intakes and exhaust systems.
- Check the filters constantly and change them when needed.
- Maintain coils and drain pants. Odors can come from drain pants that are not draining. Fix and maintain HVAC system.
- Make sure the levels of fresh air are distributed through out a building when there are new renovations or carpets are installed and paint is freshly painted.
- Check for any moisture or water damage in the building and outside the building so no mold grows and affects the air quality of the building.
These are simple steps that a professional technician will perform to ensure that the air quality inside commercial buildings are good. It is simple to take these steps but it take a whole team to maintain proper indoor air quality levels maintain. Educate staff and employees and ensure that if they see any mold or smell any unpleasant odors they can communicate with a manager. Combining the help of a professional technician and the help of employees will benefit the overall environment of a building. AirTek provides several services for commercial buildings and have been doing so for over 25 years.At AirTek, we have the experience to handle the complex system requirements and regulations that are unique to large facilities. Keeping your employee and customer areas safe from fire hazards and replenished with clean air is our top priority.If you will like to set up a time to talk about the services we can provide for you, please contact us.