An Alliance Environmental Group Company
CALL TOLL FREE: 1-888-652-1474

Carbon Monoxide destroys Air Quality

Posted on February 19, 2014
by Susana Escamilla


We spend most of our time indoors whether we are at home or at work. Most of the time, we spend most of our time at home. Indoor air pollution is becoming a problem that many are starting to understand since we spend a great amount indoors. We start to notice these problems either when we smell odors or feel several symptoms that can link to unhealthy indoor air. One substance that is dangerous for our indoor air is carbon monoxide. Carbon Monoxide destroys air quality. Carbon Monoxide is a colorless and odorless gas. Low levels and high levels of carbon monoxide inside a home can cause flu like symptoms to headaches and can cause death.Since carbon monoxide is a dangerous gas and you cannot smell it or see it, it is important to have a carbon monoxide alarm.

In California, the Carbon Monoxide Detection Act of 2010 made it possible for all homes to require a carbon monoxide detection device. As of last year, all multi-family units were required to install Carbon Monoxide detectors, even if the property is listed as a rental property. If you are a rental, by this time you should have this device installed in your home. It is important to have this device in your home because it can save a life. If you are a property owner, installation of these devices in every unit is an important addition to the smoke detector in all units.

The California building code standards require that all new constructions, mandate that the detector must be, “Installed outside of each separate sleeping area in the immediate vicinity of the bedroom(s) in dwelling units and on every level including basements within which fuel fired appliances are installed and in dwelling units that have attached garages.” Even though all units should have the carbon monoxide detectors inside homes, not all alarms working well or have been maintained. You can detect your device by finding a test button and holding it for a few seconds and a loud beeping noise will go off. Remember to test your device and if it is not working change the batteries or replace the device.


Carbon Monoxide, A Silent Killer

Explore more infographics like this one on the web’s largest information design community – Visually.


Subscribe to our Newsletter

  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.