In September 2015, Airtek Indoor Air Solutions responded to an emergency call from a local hospital who was experiencing a flood in a major area of the building. Airtek built successful containments in order to stop the flooding and minimize the damage to the building. Airtek’s quick response, experience, and professional knowledge effectively turned what could have been a costly and serious disaster, into a manageable restoration so that the hospital could continue to function and service its patients. Continue reading
Azusa, Calif. (September 29, 2015) – Alliance Environmental Group, a leading environmental services company, will celebrate 20 years in business this October. Founded in 1995 by brothers Joe and Jeff McLean, Alliance Environmental Group started out as a two-man company offering asbestos removal services in Southern California. Continue reading
When any structure is left vacant for a period of time, there is a higher risk of property damage. While the first concern to cross one’s mind is an unauthorized intruder, the most common intruder is much more unsuspecting: water. Every year, leaking pipes and appliances cause millions of dollars worth of property damage. Continue reading
Airtek Indoor Air Solutions conducts HVAC duct cleaning for various systems and facilities. Marine Duct Cleaning is a specialized service due to the complex systems aboard ships, yachts, and other marine vessels. Safety aboard these crafts has to be a priority due to the serious consequences when an emergency occurs while in open waters. Many people are unaware that poor air quality in a closed space, such as a ship, boat, or yacht, can lead to highly reactive conditions that affect the function of these vessels, not to mention the health of those aboard. Continue reading
The kitchen is the core of any food establishment. When the kitchen is not running efficiently or safely, it will compromise production, quality, and the diminish revenues. The International Kitchen Exhaust Cleaning Association (IKECA) has created a standard on inspections for grease build-up in a commercial kitchen exhaust hood. The reason why those standards have been implemented is because of the negative and harmful results that commonly occur when they are not followed. Unfortunately, it is not uncommon for kitchens to have an air system that is completely out of balance. Routine inspections of the exhaust hoods are just one component to maintaining proper ventilation and airflow within the kitchen walls. Continue reading
Airtek Indoor Air Solutions is fully licensed, trained, and insured to carry out maritime services for ships and other vessels. Recently, Airtek effectively completed a marine duct cleaning project for the United States Navy aboard the USS Somerset.
Airtek Indoor Air Solutions frequently works with mechanical contractors on large projects to ensure that HVAC leaks are sealed properly. During a major air duct cleaning project a few years ago at the University of California, San Diego, Airtek worked closely with a mechanical contractor as well as a sub-contractor who trailed behind to re-seal the ducts after the cleaning was completed. It became evident that these services go hand-in-hand.
When Heating, Ventilation, and Air Conditioning (HVAC) parts break down, replacing them can create a large fiscal impact on your company or corporation. If you encounter an unexpected, non-budgeted HVAC dilemma, next time consider HVAC restoration instead of replacement. Continue reading
On January 29, 2015, the hallways of Southern California Hospital at Culver City filled with smoke, prompting immediate evacuations of approximately 175 patients and 225 staff members. Fortunately, the quick response of hospital employees and the 55 firefighters from the Culver City Fire Department and Los Angeles Fire Department who responded to the scene prevented the loss of lives.
May 27, 2015 was a typical Wednesday evening at the popular Fish Market Restaurant in Downtown San Diego. However, on that particular night, a kitchen fire broke out in the midst of the dinner rush, causing fearful patrons and employees to evacuate quickly. The end result was over $1.2 million in damage to this local eatery. It was determined that the grease buildup in the kitchen hood was the culprit and origin of this devastating fire.